This dessert is always a hit (as my mom would say) at family get togethers. It is a simple dessert for spring or summer BBQ and simply delightful. With the strawberry season in full swing, it is the perfect time of year for a refreshing dessert with fresh fruit. My mom made this dessert growing up and I have loved it ever since. Enjoy!
Strawberry Cream Cheese Cake Recipe
White Cake Mix (I use the Pillsbury Mix with Pudding)
2 containers of Cool Whip
1 8 oz package Cream Cheese
1 cup Powdered Sugar
Strawberry Danish Dessert
Fresh or Frozen Strawberries
- Bake a white cake mix or a white cake according to package directions in 9″x13″ pan. Let cake cool.
- Beat one container of cool whip, 1 8 oz package cream cheese, and 1 cup of powdered sugar. Spread over cooled cake.
- Make strawberry danish dessert. Let cool.
- Add fresh or frozen strawberries to danish dessert. Spread on top of cream cheese mixture after it has cooled.
- Store in refrigerator. Serve with cool whip on top.
This recipe is a twist on the traditional strawberry shortcake dessert. I like the cake base much better than shortbread because it is more moist and sweet.
Ingredients for the cream cheese frosting.
My frosting came out a tad bit lumpy. No worries, it will soon be covered by the strawberry topping.
I dubs licking the beaters!
Sometimes I have a hard time finding this ingredient, so when I find it I grab a couple.
Mmmmm. Strawberries. Maybe I’ll just eat these!
I love the bright color of the Danish Dessert.
Mmmmmm. Gooey strawberries! Maybe this dessert should be called Strawberry Cream Cheese Cake Pie.
Ta da. Looks fantastic.